All work and no play makes for some very sad songwriters. Luckily, the Reservoir roster takes their vacation planning just as seriously as their hit making. For some serious travel inspo, take a page from our writers and artists and plan the vacation of your dreams.
1. If you’re looking to get off the grid, follow “Lay It On Me” writer-performer Ina Wroldsen’s lead and book a tropical island retreat.
2. Life got you down? Ida Corr has the perfect remedy: don a sunshine-yellow bikini as while you soak up some rays in the Gran Canaria Islands.
3. Adventurous types should follow in Sarah Barthel’s footsteps. Phantogram’s leading lady recently spent some time hiking Peru’s famous Macchu Picchu taking in the the breathtaking views.
4. If excitement is what you crave, head to the city that never sleeps! Nicki Wells dropped by New York City earlier this summer, immersing herself in the city’s hustle and bustle. While snapping photos for her upcoming album, she made sure to grab a shot in front of the iconic Manhattan skyline.
5. For the wild-hearted, there’s no place like Vegas! Grab your wolfpack and live it up in Sin City like Ghettoblaster’s Martin Pedersen.
6. Explorers, take note from indie rockers ON AN ON, who wandered off the beaten path in Iceland to capture the country’s majestic waterfalls. We’re hoping the band is grabbing inspiration to release an equally ethereal follow-up record to last year’s And The Wave Has Two Sides.
7. For true opulence and grandness, check out Middle Eastern hot-spot Abu Dhabi. The boys of Le Galaxie took a jaunt there earlier this summer, bringing their infectious beats and high energy to the people of the United Arab Emirates. Raise your hand if you wish you were at that show. 🙋
8. West Coasters don’t have to travel far to get a taste of paradise. Rocker Scott Stapp spends his free days relaxing with his family, beachside in Malibu.
9. You don’t have to go to a spa to pamper yourself—just ask Ronny Morris! While vacationing in Greece, the “I’ll Survive” singer-songwriter indulged in an natural mud mask made of clay, Mediterranean sand, and salt water.
10. Laying on the beach is great, but as SOS‘s Randa Leigh knows, really being at one with nature is the way to go. The singer-songwriter feels right at home in Grenada while channeling her Caribbean roots.